Sunrise School Division uses 91 routes and drives 2.5 million kilometres per year to safely transport 76 per cent of our students to and from school every day.
Our Transportation Department’s policy follows the Manitoba Public Schools Act and Provincial regulation.
Bus Routes During COVID-19 School Closure
School and division staff have continued to work hard and we are ready to resume bus routes for home delivery and pick up of work packages beginning on Monday, April 20th. Some regular routes have changed so your school will contact you to let you know your bus route number from now until the end of this school year. Below is the daily schedule (posted when available):
Town drop off locations are indicated on these maps:
Who is eligible for bus services?
Rural K-12 students in Sunrise School Division may be eligible for busing services provided by the division if:
- their residence is beyond a designated walk zone from their school (using the most direct route from the edge of their home property to the school)
- Find more information about the division’s walk zones at www.sunrisesd.ca
- Lack of sidewalks in the walk zone does not create eligibility for busing
- they qualify for a Manitoba Education and Training Transportation Grant
- they are enrolled in a provincially recognized school program that is not offered in Sunrise, so they attend a school in another division.
School bus service may also be provided for K-8 students who need to cross in-service railroad tracks.
Transportation service to and/or from a daycare or sitter may be provided when the daycare or sitter’s address falls outside the walk zone and if the address is a pick-up/drop-off point on an existing bus route.
An “existing bus route” is a school bus route that provides transportation for eligible students as defined by the division’s Transportation Policy, the Manitoba Public Schools Act and Provincial regulations.
Walk zones identify which addresses are eligible for transportation. For information on whether your address is considered eligible for bussing, refer to your child’s school walk zone map:
Note: Oakbank Elementary, Springfield Collegiate Institute and Springfield Middle School share the "Oakbank Elementary" walk zone.