Sunrise School Division serves one of the most beautiful areas of Manitoba, stretching from the sprawling farmlands just east of Winnipeg to the fabulous cottage country of eastern Manitoba. Our division includes the communities of Anola, Beausejour, Dugald, Garson, Hazelridge, Lac du Bonnet, Oakbank, Powerview/Pine Falls, Tyndall and Whitemouth.
Sunrise School Division (SSD) serves over 4,600 K- 12 students and over 180 students in adult learning centres in eight wards within 7181 square kilometres in southeastern Manitoba. In total, there are 19 schools:
- 7 English
- 4 English/French Immersion
- 2 English/Ukrainian Bilingual
- 6 Hutterian
In addition to the schools, there are 4 Adult Learning sites.
The Sunrise School Division staff will provide nothing less than outstanding learning experiences, one learner at a time.
Every student will have the opportunity to experience the joy of learning in the Sunrise School Division in order to be better prepared for the future, with the knowledge, skills and values to achieve their own personal life goals.
- Every student will be provided with outstanding learning experiences and opportunities that enable learners to be knowledgeable, respectful, responsible, caring and productive, contributing citizens.
- Every student will be engaged in an education focusing on literacy, numeracy, relevancy and altruism.
- Every student will be provided an education with experiences and opportunities that will extend and enhance student learning and competencies in communication, collaboration, creative problem-solving and critical thinking.
The Board of Trustees of Sunrise School Division will govern lawfully with an emphasis on:
- outward vision rather than an internal preoccupation,
- encouragement of diversity in viewpoints,
- strategic leadership more than administrative detail,
- clear distinction of Board and Superintendent roles,
- collective rather than individual decisions,
- future rather than past or present; and
- being proactive rather than reactive.