It’s hard to keep up with all of the technology kids have access to. For tools to and information on how to manage your child’s screen time, keep your children safe online and how to help them develop critical thinking when interacting with media, browse these digital and media resources.
At times, members of our community may have concerns regarding division employees and/or practices. Sunrise School Division’s Public Concern Protocol outlines a step-by-step procedure for discussing and resolving concerns confidentially, respectfully and in a timely matter. If you have a concern at your child’s school, please follow these steps:
- Talk to the person most directly involved—your child’s teacher.
- If talking to the teacher doesn’t resolve the issue, talk to the principal.
- If you’ve talked to the principal and, over a period of time, the issue still has not been resolved, contact the Superintendent at 204-268-6500.
- If you disagree with the decision of the Superintendent, you can make an appeal to the Board of Trustees through the Executive Secretary to the Secretary Treasurer at 866-444-5559.
- If you took the previous steps and there is no resolution, contact the Ministry of Education, Citizenship and Youth at 1-866-626-4862.