Here is some information that I would like to draw to your attention:
SMS will be collecting nonperishable food items from December 13 – 19. All food collected will support local families. Our goal is 100% student participation. House points will be awarded for each student who contributes to this worthy cause.
SMS supports this initiative because:
- 4 out of 10 Manitoban children do not have food security
- Manitoba has the second highest rate of food bank use in the country and this increases during the holidays
- Hampers reduce the number of families relying on food banks
Top 10 Items
- Canned Fish and Poultry – chicken or turkey; tuna or salmon packed in water.
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables – packed in own juice.
- Canned Stew, Chili, Brown Beans
- Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Pasta
- Baby Formula and Food – iron-enriched formula; baby food jars of vegetables, fruit or meat; infant cereal such as oatmeal, barley or rice.
- Rice – Plain, brown, converted, or parboiled
- Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- Cereal – plain, fiber, non-sugar coated
- Canned Soup – vegetable, tomato, lentil, peas
Winter Band Concerts
December 13 – Grade 6 Band and Junior Jazz Band, 7pm SMS Gym
December 14 – Grade 7 and 8 Bands and Senior Jazz Band, 7pm SMS Gym
Reminder that products from the band fundraiser will be delivered to SMS on December 13. Please make arrangements for pick up.
We are in need of basketball coaches for our grade 7 and 8 students. If you are able to coach, please contact Mr. Cullen at email@example.com.
Assistant Principal, Springfield Middle School