MUMPS - Schools and daycare letter - Oct 2017.pdf The information above has been provided to us by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living.
Walk-in Health Services for Youth 12-25 years of age
Thursdays from 11- 5pm
HEW primary health care building
Find a Teen Clinic near you http://teenclinic.ca/
Clinic staff help teens by promoting healthy lifestyle choices, provide information and providing counselling.
At the teen clinic you'll find:
- a physician and/or nurse practitioner
- a public health nurse
- clerical support
You can get:
- a physical examination
- information on reproductive health
- infection testing
- general health information
- healthy eating education
- A safe place to talk about mental health issues, pregnancy, relationships, or whatever else is on your mind!
Is It Confidential?
YES! Teen Clinic services are confidential. The only people that will know you use Teen Clinic are the health care providers.
You will have a chart at the Teen Clinic that is available only to Teen Clinic staff, who are responsible for your care.
One exception to the confidentiality policy:
When an individual is at risk of harm or abuse by themselves or someone else and requires protection. At the same time a social worker would become involved.
Most students already know safety rules to keep safe.
Here are a few reminders and tips:
- Don't talk to, take anything from or go anywhere with strangers.
- If you are approached or followed by a stranger, trust your instincts and seek help immediately. Leave the situation, attract attention by yelling.
- When seeking help, always go to a trusted adult – teacher, coach, police officer, other parent, or older siblings.
- Use the buddy system, avoid walking anywhere alone.
- Report any suspicious activity to your local school and police department.