Elizabeth Myles, Principal, Ecole Beausejour Early Years School - Phone 204.268.2664
Pat Ilchena, Principal, Edward Schreyer School - Phone 204.268.2423
Christine Fetterly, École Dugald School - Phone 204.853.7929
- Trevor Reid, École Powerview School - Phone 204.367.2296
FRENCH IMMERSION IN MANITOBA
The French Immersion Program guarantees a quality of education equal to that found in other programs.
In addition to the objectives set for all school programs in Manitoba, French Immersion programs:
- Develop a functional level of competency in both French and English communication skills.
- Develop a positive attitude towards the French language, the French culture and the French Canadian community.
- Promote global harmony through the development of a positive attitude towards cultures and languages.
- Create functionally bilingual graduates who may pursue employment using French or continue with French as the language of instruction at a college or university level.
Who May Enrol?
- The French Immersion Program is designed for all students who wish to become functionally bilingual in French and English. A functionally bilingual individual is one who has developed a mastery of a first language and is capable of communicating with ease in a second language on a personal and professional basis.
- The French Immersion Program in Manitoba is designed for students who first language is not French. Parents do not have to speak French or come from a French background.
When May You Enroll?
- A child may enter the French Immersion Program at Kindergarten OR at the beginning of Year 1.