On Monday, September 21, 2015 Sunrise School Division met with the community regarding the sale of the Reynolds School.
Sunrise School Division invites the community to the Public Community Meeting at the Reynolds School:
Monday, September 21, 2015
What Has The Process Been So Far?
- A public meeting was held at Reynolds Schoo, in Prawda on May 1, 2012.
- A summary of the presentation made at that meeting and the issues identified by the people who attended, is available below.
- Members of the Reynolds community were invited to share ideas and opinions on the short term and long term future of Reynolds School by June 15, 2012.
- Updates, including additional comments from the community, were posted on May 28 and June 18.
- The Board's response (its plan for the future of Reynolds School) is linked below.
- A second public meeting was held at the school on October 9, 2012. Click here to view an Invitation. There is a link below to a summary of the Oct. 9 meeting.
- On June 23, 2014 representatives of Sunrise staff and board met with community members to assess support for the intent to close Reynolds School.
- On June 27 a letter was sent to Minister of Education requesting permission to close the school.
- Sunrise received the Minister’s approval on August 25.
- A public meeting was held at Reynolds School, in Prawda, Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
What was the Consultation Schedule?
Open Meeting at Reynolds School (Prawda) – May 1, 2012
Open Meeting at Reynolds School - June 23, 2014